View Single Post
Old October 18, 2013, 05:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

naeem is surely the clear #1 back-up for the middle order right now but agree we need to develop another 4 or so who can fill in if required. i also agree raqibul seems the next likely then possibly mehrab at least in tests, shabbir should not be anywhere near the national team right now, possibly for t20s but certainly not the other formats. y'all won't like it but i'm going to say it anyway, i still think shuvagata is someone worth developing and putting time into. sure he's very inconsistent in the shorter formats but so are most fringe BD batsmen when you look at their records, and yes he's not had the best run in FC cricket recently but he's still managed to put in some scores here and there to maintain a very solid average. he looked like a fine player in his zimbabwe series and let's be honest here, other players have been given more chances based on less (nasir for example and we all know where he is at now). anyway not saying put him in the national team now, i'm saying keep developing him and giving him more chances at other levels.

for top order players tamim is still #1, anamul is currently #2 with jahurul being #3 for an opener spot but #4 for the #3 spot behind marshall who currently sits there, then junaid is the next option after those guys i reckon. soumya isn't that far away either i don't think (he played practise matches and was in the prelim squad) and shamsur has been around the team recently.

we really need to get some A series scheduled so guys like soumya, asif etc can get more experience and so we can try and weed out who is worth sticking with and who isn't.

i think junaid was ok in the DPL so he's probably helped his claims to return to the shorter format team, he could possibly get that #3 spot though he's probably contending with momiul, naeem and marshall.