View Single Post
Old March 22, 2011, 12:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
How many T20 games BD National player's play in a year?

Practice makes perfect. Playing 6/7 T20 (DPL/PCL T20 leagues) games in an entire year or 2 doesn't really help the players gain more experience in playing T20. Plus we packed our batting line up with slow pokes, what more can you expect.

IMO JS did so so. Whatever good he brought into the team, the bad things ended up evening it out. Things should have been a lot better but at the same time it could been a lot worse. Had we made the Quaterfinal I'm sure a lot of his mistakes would have been overlooked.
And what kind of excuse is that? By that line of reasoning if we get out for 1 run then we could've done worse by getting a.o. in 0 run. This is precisely an example of negative set of attitudes that anti-Siddons have qualms with.

As for me, I don't like labels. I voted anti-Siddons in Miraz bhai's poll but that was immediately after the SA match and it was quite rash. Neither am I proponent of ridding him off. But as WarWolf bhai pointed out, the man has serious "accountability" problem. Least he can do is own up.

But what I don't understand is the rationale of the blind followers of Siddons who adamantly back him up and acts as if he's the best thing that has happened to Bangladesh.

And even if he was the best thing to happen for Bangladesh, by your very own "worse-could've-happened" hypothesis Bangladesh could've also got someone much better skilled at development and strategy as well as good in being a batting coach.

And as for weaknesses being overlooked had we made QF...well, why should we even laud that? If you wanna make a Boeing 747 you don't just go ahead and cross your legs if it manages to fly. You should never be satisfied if it does. There is always the possibility of a screw being loose and thus you take preventive measure.

I remember once Einstein said that the difference between other people and him is the fact that once someone finds a needle in a haystack s/he stops. Einstein, however, keeps looking.

Raise the bar for heaven's sakes.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles