View Single Post
Old May 25, 2009, 08:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
BCB has taken a strategical move; now many people will be convinced that they are very liberal. But the problem lies in itself. If ICL continues, and if those ICLers can not cancel the contracts by themselves, then for them at least, the practical consequence is zero. If BCB wants, no ICC rules (as far as I know) can prevent them from withdrawing the ban and selecting them for national duty.
i don't think that you are so right about all the things you have said. but i do agree with you about few things you said. actually BCB did say that if anyone comes to them then they will provide help and suggestion to them who wants to leave ICL.

you tell me first, did they discuss with the BCB when they left and declared retirement from all kinda cricket???? they didn't. so, why do they need back-ups from BCB now when they are giving a route to come back???? you tell me this intially and then i will on your side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Why they can not. Nafees, Aftab, Alok, Dhiman, Reza, HB (did I miss anyone; the useless Nazim, Rubel?) have prior record of canceling their contract without giving prior notice. If they want to play for national team they can as they proved that when they canceled contract with BCB to join Indian Chimp League. And playing in Galli cricket does not qualify you for national selection. The caliber of Dhaka Wastes has been proven when they meet the best bowling line up of Indian Chimp League - Lahore Darwans.
Though I agree after some time BCB make one good move. ICLers are doomed if they do and if they not do.
they doomed everything when they decided to leave Bangladesh cricket and join ICL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
thebest bhai, What is the legal conflict between ICL and BCB that prevents the ICLers for national selection? Is it against the ICC's law?
One & Only most important conflict is between Modi & Kapil Dev. LOL
just kidding....the thing is that BCCI who is the all of cricket in India. so when brain of your head don't transmit the signal to your legs to move, it shouldn't move. but if still moves then there is some abnormality. that's the exactly same thing happened with ICL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
That was never a practical possibility. Assuming that and ruining a few peoples career is preemptive.

Some what similar to Bush's attack on Iraq for WMD.
bro exactly ki mean korlen ami bhuji nei. ektu khola mela koira boilen plz.

anywayz another thing comes up my mind and that is, why few people are talking about the career and their rights to play for the national team??? didn't they retire from all kinds of cricket???

now i am gonna say something from my point of views. first of all, let's go through from the beginning.

septembar 2008, we came back from Australia tour. and we got the rumour about ICL players which cam true.

eve of october those ICLers gave their letter of retirement to BCB and joined ICL. and they all have said that BCB wasn't being fair to them that's why they were leaving BD cricket for their own goods and it's not a matter of money.

i have something say about these things. i said these before and i am saying it again.

Quote:
Shahriar Nafees Issue: can anybody here say that Nafees wasn't given more than maximum of his chances in the national team after failing again and again since World Cuo 2007???? still he was in the team till he left. then how come BCB did something unfair to him??? 2006/2007 season was good for him. but do take this in your consideration that we player more than 75% of our matches against weeker Zim and Kenya.

Farhad Reza Issue: he said the almost exactly same thing like Nafees. now you make your decision. he played 32 matches in his 2 years long career and bangladesh played 61 matches in that time. he was regularly in the team in 2006 and 2008. but in the year 2007 he played only 6 matches. he didn't play in the world cup at all. and since december 2007 he played in almost ever match and all the series BD has played till he left. then how come he didn't get proper chances???? and meanwhile there are so many all-rounders are coming in the team. so, when he is not performing another could get a chance for sure.

Dhiman Gosh: he played 14 ODIs in 8 months of his career. i think i don't have to say anything about his issue.cause when we had Mushy(tagged world cup hero by then) then he ought to get less matches. but Mushy's performances gave him few chances. don't you think so???

Mosharaf Rubel: he played only 3 odis in his 8 months long career. now you can say that he wasn't given fair chances. in those 3 matches he scored 15 runs and took only 1 wicket. where our 3 spinners Sakib, Razzak and naim were doing good and really good. then his chances were really thin until he performes superbly. which he didn't in the NCL.

Nazimuddin: he played 7 matches in his (again) around 8 months long career as an opener and scored 90 runs. obviously we had to try someone else when we had Tamim, Junaid(they are still in the team) and Nafees. we can't play 4 openers in one team. right??? so we have to consider that who's performing bit better.

Aftab Ahmed: do i really have to say about his decision???? please guys we have seen him like in every match since his debut unless he was injured before the aussie tour in 2008. he played 80 matches since his debut against SA in 12th September 2008. he can't say that BCB wasn't fair to him they behaved badly with him. you all know that.

cricketer of most controversies in BC, Alok Kapali: i was a big fan of him when i saw him palying against Pak in Pakistan. he played 65 matches only in his 6 year long career. but we BCers fight for and against him a lot. why is he not in the team?? but we all did agree that after his first year he was out of touch for a long long time. BCB did give him chances like crazy. but when he didn't perform for a long they dropped. but before he left he performed well in 2 back to back national leagues. and he was picked in the team for asia cup and scored 115 against India and he played all the matches there. we all knew that he would be in the team for a long time. but he didn't give the chance to BCB to keep him in the team.

and don't even write one more line about Habibul Bashar.
these were my saying. it's really long and i am sorry for that. i have just touched (tried to) the main issues here.

now you guys tell me, is there really anything really wrong from the BCB that these 7 players left??? i don't care about Nazim,Rubel,Nafees and Farhad. but why Alok & Aftab did something like that???(specially Aftab)

and now you can see the newspaper that Bashar is coming back. ICL left him alone. not only him 50 ICLers have been released from ICL and most of them applied and got the permission. but none of the other BD ICLers tried to do that. Rafique said his 1 years' payment from ICL is worth 20 years' of BD. i don't have any complaint about him. he retired a long time ago. but he forgot BD team created a name for him and still he made a comment like this. and Nafees said that he is not coming back. Rubel expressed the same as well. and none of them submitted the letter to BCB yet. everybody is confused now even aftab. who said to newspapers few months back that this is really unfair that we are punished and it's boring to sit in the home and not playing cricket. (believe me they were just trying to make them look so innocent and tried to balme BCB for all of this which wasn't pure truth. they just tried get the sympathy of the cricket fans.they didn't expect that BCB/ICC gonna offer something like this. Now they did and ICLers are showing reasons again.)almost all of them said like these words. now when they are given the chance, they are confuse. don't you guys get it yet that they went for the MONEY and they are gonna stay for the MONEY.

so for wasting your time guys. it's really long. got really emotional

Last edited by Megh; May 25, 2009 at 08:14 AM..