View Single Post
Old September 19, 2012, 02:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Apart from above matches, my listings are as follows:

vs Kenya, 97 ICC Trophy Final. BD needed 11 runs in the last over with 2 wickets in hand. Thanks to Pilot's 6 and Shanto's last ball single run, BD won by 2 wickets.

vs SL, Tri Nations Tournament in BD, 2009. It was a high voltage match as BD needed to win this match with bonus points in order to go to Final ahead of Zim. SL scored 131 runs in 31 overs (curtailed) but BD needed to score that runs within 25 overs (if i am not mistaken). Shakib played one of the best ODI innings by Bangladeshi players ever played. He scored unbeaten 92 off 69 balls and BD chased down the target within 24 overs.

vs Eng, NatWest Series, 2010. It was 2nd ODI of the series. BD had to win the match to stay in the series. BD scored a modest 236 runs. In reply, Eng started their innings in a positive mood. They were 86/2 but suddenly middle order collapse made them to 166/7. Eng's last hope was Trott who was playing brilliantly and almost won the match single-handedly with Broad. When Eng was 10 runs short of victory, then they lost 2 quick wickets leaving BD think that they won the match but then came injured Bell to rescue English pride. Fortunately for BD, all English efforts went in vain as BD managed to win the nerve wracking match by 5 runs.

vs England, WC 2011. What a Match !!!! I was in the stadium and i almost had a heart attack. It was a MUST win game for us after 58 embarrassment against WI (i was there too). Despite friends titkari, I traveled all the way through to CTG thinking BD might upset English lions. Thanks to Shafiul's herioc 24 runs innings and Riyad's sensible batting of 21 runs, we won the match by 2 wickets.

Last edited by Naimul_Hd; September 19, 2012 at 02:54 AM.. Reason: Corrected year