View Single Post
Old October 13, 2013, 12:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
it's not hypocritical at all.
Bijoy looked clueless both in Zim & in this Test ,he got out three times( no ball wicket), according to me he is not ready yet both mentally & technically.
And as I mentioned MArshall got good starts in both innings.
Besides Bijoy has been very much out of form lately,
He didn't play against Zimbabwe. Did you mean SL?

By the way, he might not be in the best form but he was certainly better compared to the other top order batsmen. It's not as if we have Gayle waiting in the wings. Anamul's been successful at the domestic, U19, Academy and A team levels. Don't you think he at least deserves a run in the top order especially since it's been such a problem for us?

And your suggesting Naeem to open since Imrul and SN could. He opened against WI and that too in an ODI. He batted alongside Imrul for a while that innings and Imrul looked far more comfortable than Naeem that day.

So you ask what's my point then? My point is you can't just throw players in different roles. That's asking for pure disaster. Naeems role has always been as a middle order batsman. Check where he bats in domestics even. If he doesn't even bat as a top order in domestics then how can you throw him in as an opener for international cricket?