Thread: Wimbledon 2008
View Single Post
Old July 9, 2008, 04:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Sure. But if Ivanisevic could have won it, so could Sampras. It was still much faster than what we have these days. You are bringing up lame excuses. Sampras wasn't quite the force anymore and Federer played really good tennis that day.
I agree, Fed was just better that day ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab

Nonsense. Federer does not play a physical game. The guy barely sweats after a match. Remember the really long clay court match they played in Rome Masters 2006? That one went on for 5 hours, and Federer had couple of matchpoints in that match too. He slugged it out with Nadal on clay for five hours straight and hardly looked tired.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Federer is an extremely fit individual. He can run for days. On any surface.
He's a fit individual but I think he has stamina issues, You could see it in the match, Hitting all those balls got to him in the 5th, Running around from his back hand to hit his forehand he made plenty of errors, shots by his standards he should make 9/10 and he was missing them routinely in the 5th, I think it was the physical nature of Nadals game that got to him, same thing happened in the AO in 05 vs Safin