View Single Post
Old July 13, 2009, 03:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
just one suggestion...i find the use of the term "hobbit" to describe mushy offensive, especially given he's our best performer over the last several tests. he can't help his height, and i'm sure Sohel bhai doesn't mean it in a derogatory way, but i feel its even worse than "village idiot" and "village gangsta".

Sohel bhai, could you please refrain from using that term for Mushy and edit the post?
Bro, as lifetime Tolkien fan, the term "Hobbit" in my mind is at once affectionate and hints of serious heroism against all odds. That's how I see his batting.

Anyone familiar with the Lord of the Rings trilogy ought to see it that way ...

Keeping-wise, I dis him as a "midget" from time to time. Huge difference between the terms and his skills behind and in front of the stumps. Maybe "Dwarf" is better but I won't publish either one. No use getting carried away.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)