View Single Post
Old May 13, 2006, 04:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Thanks mzia for this article-thread. I was about to write the same thing with the same concerns and suggestions. however, I have some proposals to come out of this situation:
1. During our tour to Zimbabwe we should arrange to play three or two 5-day "Un-official Test Matches". As I mentioned earlier in another post, unofficial test matches were being played in early days of cricket, even as late as early seventies. As Zimbabwe have declined to play any test matches for a period of one year, I believe they will be very glad to have the practice of test matches without bothering the stats, as they will be totally "unofficial". This will bring good for both the teams. And simillar arrangement can be made when they are going to visit us.
2. I appreciate the idea of having 4-day matches against teams like Kenya, Scotland or Ireland during the lean period.
3. BCB should manage with their Australian, English, South African, WI and New Zealand counterparts to arrange for tours of our main team except few senior players like, HB, MR and KM under the name of BCB XI or Tigers XI to play 4-day matches against their top teams of the respective countries.
I believe, all the above proposals are possible and will be not interfering with the FTP by ICC.
I would very much like to know how other members are reacting on these proposals to overcome the situation. If positive, we can write to the BCB as a BC proposal for their consideration.
I believe it possible to have 5 day first class matches, without being labelled Tests.

But to be honest, I wouldn't bother. Sadly, 4 days is by far enough time for Bangladesh to bowl Zimbabwe out twice and win by an innings.