View Single Post
Old November 16, 2007, 11:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Was not able to finish on first attempt. I'll give it a second one, but all these effort to just try to make Kapali look good? I feel pity.

As I said before and will say it again:

01. talent is a mean to an end, performance. without performance talent is as useless as 'bodna/lota' without water.
02. The science of measuring performance is stat. Ignoring stat and going with belief is like ignoring medicine for maleria and washing the patient's face with the first ash of the day after cooking.
03. What is talent? Ability to perform. If someone cannot perform, he does not have talent as simple as that.
04. If 'someone' cannot perform in 5 years, he can never perform. Five years is a long time to know if someone can or cannot perform.
05. The question that always puzzled me was what is it in Kapali that fools so many people? Then it stucked me. Its the look. Even if he completely misses a ball, he can pretend like he left it on purpose. This is what decieves so many and he can creates the impression that he is able to do things that he is not. In simple words, his talents would have been much better suited in FDC than in cricket.
06. What else? its the same story again and again. His one 89* was a "jhoray bok" that worked as a beginner's luck.
07. His stats look much better that what it is, because of the game situation. yes, in this case, the actual observation does come handy WITH stat. He always used to come down the order at 6/7 when the game is already dead and the opponents are taking it easy. He took advantage of that and that is why those few fifties at the early part of the game. The only thing he ever did for Bangladesh cricket's win was one against Kenya. So, his first 29 game was nothing special at all, it only 'looks' somewhat specail.
08. its like that kid who fails in every class but his parents think it is because of the school. Wake up!
This is not a kapali thread please don't make one...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled