View Single Post
Old March 30, 2009, 08:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
bashar and rafique signed for ICL same way lara and inzy did, no worries on them. they retired from BCB the proper way and then signed up. they did not harm the BD team.

the others all did. of course guys like nazim and rubel were worthless and so they can be forgiven easily. dhiman can also possibly be condoned, because while he was on the national team, it was just a matter of time before he lost his position to mushy. still, thats not an excuse, but whatever.

aftab was plain stupid and showed remorse, plus we need a blaster in our ODI team. his fielding was first rate too. alok, if he repents can also be brought back, but i dunno if wants it or if the team will accept his apologies.

SN is rubbish and a coward. again, if he really repents, he should be called back into the test side. but he and alok are the real "traitors". again its not about money, if i was in their positions, who knows maybe i would have chased the dollar too. but its about pussying out of real cricket for garbage 20-20s.

but we need aftab's quick cameos at one down in the ODI side...

I agree but they first must feel the shame and pain of not playing cricket for a few years. They went for the money in the first place and now its disbanded they shouldn't just be welcomed back with open arms. Let them feel guilt, regret, shame whatever adjective you can think of, then recall them. It shouldn't be an easy ride back to the national team. Otherwise what they did, they will be laughing inside, banked $200k in 1 year and then back to national team same as before, like nothing happened.