View Single Post
Old March 29, 2008, 05:58 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
asides from the obvious disparity in quality (bashar's last 20 ODIs include many against zim, bermuda, canada, ireland) gotta look at the strike rates too. in fact, half those matches are probably against rank minnows (see previous apology to rajesh).

if bashing minnows is even a minor factor in figuring out who our best ODI batsman is, then SN would take the cake. but clearly he doesn't despite having a 50+ average against minnows.

as for SRs, suppose javed omar averages 40 in 10 innings at a SR of 45.50, that will actually be more detrimental to the team what aftab scoring 22.00 per innings at a SR of 100+
Again too much minnow talk.

I think pocha has summarized the thread well, please re-read his post.

Quote:
Agree 100% with Russell. The issue is Ash (who is considered the best in BD) averages the same like a mediocre ODI player (HaBa), both of whom has played the same number of matches in over 8+ years. Period.

I dont care about BullSh!t talent and potential if that does n't translate to real numbers/performance. 100+ matches is good enough in any international sport to prove one's talent (if any).
And when Ash was averaging 30!!?? He is averaging a mere 24.57 is his last 20 ODI innings.