View Single Post
Old July 2, 2013, 07:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Dwayne was great in his prime but Lebron is just a different animal with mind boggling consistency in the past five six years. Wade probably had one or two really amazing seasons in his prime. Lebron has had four or five already with no end of that streak in sight. He probably hasn't reached his peak yet and has at least three or four more great seasons left in his tank.

I've long maintained that the player with the greatest killer instinct in basketball not named MJ is Kobe Bean Bryant. So at first it was difficult for me to accept that Lebron > Kobe although Lebron kept raising his game every season and pulling away from the rest of the competition.

Now I'm convinced he's not only better than anyone else today, when it's all said and done he'll probably be considered one of the top three players of all time having won 5/6 championships, 7/8 MVP trophies, 1/2 Defensive player of the year awards, so on and so forth. Just like MJ he's one of a kind. He's more like Magic Johnson but has a superior offensive game.

What slightly tarnishes his legacy for me is not winning at least one championship in Cleveland - which I believe he could've done if he stayed there for one or two seasons - before jumping ship and forming a super team.