View Single Post
Old June 24, 2009, 02:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Go ahead Gowza with this age old question, just to contradict BANFAN ..

I'm looking for a player in all international sports who is responsible for his own fine tuning without a coach

If that was possible why we need a coach? Why other sports of our country are so lacking? Why their development stops after a level? You mean none of them are trying to play better? Why do you need to go to a good school when all are teaching the same syllabus?

Leave Ashraful, I take that for the sake of argument that he isn't learning, it is his fault; what is with the rest of the players? Why do you even consider that the coach is doing right things & players are wrong? what evidence do you have for that? I have a dozzen evidence of coache's wrong policies.

If you like, lets list out rights and wrongs to weigh his contribution +/-
i'm not doing this just to contradict BANFAN, i believe both the player and the coach are responsible for the development rather than just one or the other. as for listing rights and wrongs, positives and negatives etc we did that a long time ago and didn't get anywhere. i'm not talking about anyone or any team specifically, the development of any player or any team in any sport is dependant on a number of people in various positions.

as for the BD team specifically, i'm not going to get into why i think the team hasn't progressed as much as we would have liked it to but i've already said that i believe it's time for siddons to move on from the BD national team.

also i've said that i believe siddons has played a part in ashraful's development, which has actually gotten worse since siddons came along (it seems that ashraful is going backwards and siddons is at fault for this but that doesn't excuse ashraful for allowing it either).

Last edited by Gowza; June 24, 2009 at 02:18 AM..