View Single Post
Old August 20, 2008, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default Bangladesh willing to answer Champions Trophy call

Bangladesh are ready to step into the Champions Trophy if any teams pull out of the tournament, according to the coach Jamie Siddons. Siddons' side replaced Australia when they postponed their tours to Pakistan earlier this year and Bangladesh were also part of the Asia Cup, which was staged in Karachi and Lahore in June and July.

Ninth in the world rankings, Bangladesh could slip into the eight-team Champions Trophy if a re-shuffle is required. "I think we're free to play if it happens but, personally, I can't see it happening," Siddons told the Age. "We've been called to Pakistan recently to fill in for the Aussies and we'll do it again if we get invited."

The state of the Champions Trophy remains undecided as Australia, New Zealand, England and South Africa wait on an ICC ruling on the event, which is due to start on September 12. A final decision on the venue of the contest is due after an ICC meeting on Sunday.

Bangladesh are currently in Australia preparing for a three-match one-day series starting on August 30. They lost their first warm-up against the Australian Institute of Sport, but earned a three-wicket victory in Wednesday's match in Darwin.

© Cricinfo

Looks like we're ready to go to pakistan for the champions trophy.