View Single Post
Old June 26, 2012, 07:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

it's really really hard to average over 40 in ODIs, even kevin pietersen only averaged 41 (nearly 42) and he's considered one of the best ODI batsmen ever, if not then certainly of his generation. we might find one that can average over 40 if we are lucky but most will average around 35 probably, somewhere between 30-40 will be the norm (the better ones just over 35 and the rest just under) in 5 years for BD imo.

in tests it's a bit different, i think we have a few players that can get around the 40 mark and one or two that can go above it.

as far as bowling goes, it probably won't be to different, i think elias will be a respected spinner by all teams, but as far as pace goes they'll just be reasonable. i just don't see any of the current pace prospects being any better than solid international pacers, i think our best chance is rubel though. i think abul, babu and al amin are good prospects but we don't have any malinga's or steyn's or anyone like that coming through.