View Single Post
Old March 7, 2011, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidratt
Hi guys!

I think this is a great initiative! Please understand that although we made this video, we very much want all Bangladesh cricket fans to feel like its theirs. So, as long as it's used in that context (showing support for the national team), we have absolutely no problems with it being shown anywhere and everywhere!

On our end, we (Maverick Studios) have emailed all the private TV channels here in BD (the ones who had websites and email addresses, that is) asking them if they would be interested to air our video. Unfortunately we haven't received a single reply as of yet. We've also been looking for upper-management type contacts in those TV channels who might be able to pull a few strings and make the process go quicker, but unfortunately we haven't been able to get a hold of any such individuals.

On a slightly different but similar-minded note, we too have come to the realization that something needs to be done to raise the spirits of the team and the fans. To that end, we've decided to take the spirit of the "Never Stop Believing" video and use it to get fans directly involved! (I'll be posting about our idea in detail in a dedicated topic soon)
Sidratt, great idea. Unfortunately isn't that the way of life in our country? Nothing good comes out of it easily.

Question for you? Did you guys ask the TV channels to run it for free or were you willing to pay for it? I don't think any TV channel will be willing to run it for free which is why we need to pay for it but I was hoping may be at a discounted rate. I have no idea how much a TV comm. runs these days as I have been living abroad for the last 16 years. So we need to find that fairly soon.

But we need your help in shortenning the video. Can you or Maverick shorten the video into less than a min or a min max without losing the message so we can actually afford it? Thanks for your help bro.