View Single Post
Old March 7, 2011, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Default BC to show support in national dailies/media - Help!!

Hello fellow BC members,
BC (thanks to Z bhai’s idea) has already done a tremendous job of showing the other side of Bangladeshi fans by sending flowers to WI and our team and apologizing for the bad behavior showing by the few. I could not actively participate in it as I stayed away from BC after seeing all the nasty comments and threads by some BC members right after the WI game. But I kept thinking about the need of doing something for our team where I, along with who ever is willing, to actively show our support. So I sent the following message to Zunaid bhai.

Please read the message below and let us know if you guys are willing to join the movement……..

Quote:
Love your idea! Please go for it -

Quote:

Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Zunaid
Administrator
Boss

Re: Support for our team

Love your idea! Please go for it -
Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Hello Zunaid bhai, I have been thinking of openning a thread but I thought I should contact you first. I was thinking how can we, BC members, show our support for our team during this bad time, possibly as bad as losing to Canada in 2003? So I thought why can't we show our support by putting out few ads on few dailies in Bangladesh saying, "We still believe - Bangla Crickt"? Not sure how much it would cost to show the video made by Sidrat but if we can afford it, I am sure it be worth ever penny and who knows may be another sponsor would pick up from where we leave off. Not only it will be a good platform for BC to let it's name recognized but Maverick Production could also be benefitted from it.

I know it will cost money, so I am willing to pledge donations and I am sure if you open a thread, there will be a lot of us who is willing to help out. I am willing to pledge $___ for this as I believe this is the only way I can indirectly motivate our beloved team. We are at a crucial juncture of this WC and I, for one, is in no way willing to let QF slip our hands.

Anyways, let me know what you think of this initiative. We definitely need to move fast. May be Isam can help us getting in touch with DS and other dailies. Thanks.

Please note: I deleted the amount......but you guys are more than welcome to pledge a donation amount in your message in this thread. We still need to figure out the logistics and we will need a lot of help from you. Thanks.

Last edited by betaar; March 9, 2011 at 02:23 PM..