View Single Post
Old December 19, 2006, 11:13 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Habibul Bashar
I would like to see him disappear from the ODI team in 2007. He can still be in the test team at #3 but not as a captain. I have never been a fan of his captaincy, and would like to see a end to it. Let the new generation begin with SN the captain.
[Year-end 2006 Stock: Down]
[Predicted 2007 Stock: Down]

Pilot
It is almost time we show our respect for a veteran and great fighter. This old horse has served the team for a long time. The key word here is 'old', his age is catching up and the sooner we replace him the better.
[Predicted 2007 Stock: Out of Business]

Shahriar Nafees
Of course he cannot keep up this 40+ average in 2007, but he will still be the top scorer in 2007. So, his stock will only go up.
[Year-end 2006 Stock: Up]
[Predicted 2007 Stock: Up]

Abdur Razzak
I see lots of people compare him with rafique. Rafique has never been too good in ODI. May be some day he will impress me, but so far I have not seen anything from this guy to say that he is gonna keep his place in the team in 2007.

Aftab Ahmed
We are yet to see the best from this guy. Only if he is not screwed by Faruq and co, and not forced to leave his natural game, he will only go up and up.
[Year-end 2006 Stock: Same]

Farhad Reza
Did not see anything from him to say that he is gonna be a member of the team in 2nd half of 2007. Given the lack of patience of selectors if he does not do good in next few matches, he might just be gone (unless 'someone' share faruque's sheep picture with him, in that case he will stay does not matter what). However, he has the potential, and might just stick in.
[Predicted 2007 Stock: Same]

Mashrafe Mortaza
Apart from his choking at the end in Zim, he had a great year. If captain utilizes him better and make sure he is not having too much mental pressure, he will only go up.

Mehrab Hossain jnr
To be fair, he has disappointed me so far. But I have seen only so little of him. I would say, he will disappear for once very soon, and then come back again when he is ready. What will happen to him depends almost entirely on selectors. If they screw him up like many other, he will be screwed and out of the team in no time.
[Year-end 2006 Stock: New share in market]
[Predicted 2007 Stock: Unknown]

Mohammad Ashraful
Love him and hate him, he is not about to disappear from the scene anytime soon. He had a bad year, but I do blame selectors a lot form that. If he is given the time to settle down at his position at #5, he will go up.

Mohammad Rafique
It is so hard to tell what is going to happen. My gut feeling says, his days are numbered, but he has this characteristic, that is the no. 1 requirement to be my favorite: fighting spirit. that is one quality to change any calculation, and I'll say, rafique will be at the top of his form until he retires.

Mushfiqur Rahim
I have been disappointed with him so far. He had the easiest ride into the national team, still failed to utilize on it. I still think he is the long term solution, but I get the feeling we'll have someone else to fill in the gap between him and pilot.
[Year-end 2006 Stock: New share in market]

Nadif Chowdhury
I have no clue
[Year-end 2006 Stock: Unknown]

Saqibul Hasan
Best prospect among the newbies. I think he will stick in the team.

Shahadat Hossain
Need to learn how to control the speed and create variation. He still has a lot to learn, but has a long way to go as well.

Syed Rasel
I do not see much hope for him, sorry.

Nazmus Sadat
No clue
[Year-end 2006 Stock: Patent Pending]

Javed Omar
He is out from ODI, and would like to see him out of test team in 2007.
[Predicted 2007 Stock: Out of business]

Rajin Saleh
A fighter, and therefore, came here to stay. He was not given enough chances. When given the chances, he did utilize it, but since he does not have those sheep pictures, he is not getting his fair share. regardless, a fighter will always find his way in.

Alok Kapali:
You never know how much a sheep picture can buy, so I don't know what will happen to him. When it was more than clear that he is not eligible for 12th man in A-team, he regularly played in national team, so I can't predict.

Tapash Baisya
Under rated than his ability. I don't know how people forgot those days so easily when he was the sole fighter of our pace attack. He in my mind, is almost same as rasel (rasel gets the advantage of being leftie). I'll switch between these two if a 3rd seamer is needed.
[Predicted 2007 Stock:Up]

Enamul Haque
He is a automatic choice for test, and need to give some more exposer in ODI. He is probably the 2nd best spinner of the country after rafique. His batting inability will give rana the edge over him in ODI. So, him for test and rana for ODI.
[Year-end 2006 Stock: Incomplete]

Manjar Rana
Copy the text for Rajin in here. Unlucky not to have sheep picture, but a fighter who is not going to give up, and therefore will be back in sooner than most of you think.
[Year-end 2006 Stock: Incomplete]

Tushar Imran
Few more centuries and double centuries for A-team, and again single digit score for national team. Only a good shrink can help him out of his. I do not see that is happening.
[Predicted 2007 Stock: Out of business]

Nafis Iqbal
Dhormotay 4 ta biya kora jaej. Unless he takes advantage of that, I don't know where he will end up. A very sad story. He started with so much promise, and disappeared so quickly. BCB should work on him to get him back in form. Those two nafis can be the perfect opening pair for bangladesh.
[Year-end 2006 Stock: Way Down]
[Predicted 2007 Stock: Uknown]