Thread: Us open
View Single Post
Old August 27, 2008, 10:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

The notion of me supporting the Americans only is wrong. Loser Lendle was my guy. Still remember how Pat Cash ruined my lust for Tennis. Yup Not Conners or Mac. BBorg, Wilander, Edberg, Becker - I would support them all the time. I only came to realise Sampras was the best after watching him closely. His calmness, soft nature made me a convert. Not becuase he was an American. Same with Golf; Would have cursed other players just so that an old Shark (Aussie) can win a major on American soil. He was the reason I started to follow golf. Then came Duval and Tiger. My dislike for Phil (so called White Americans golfing hero) is well documented. My liking or disliking depends on individuals not on their nationality or color.

Fluke!! lol, Yes the old horse (Roddick - 26 years of age, younger than Federer) is all washed up!! Yet this year he had beaten Nadal (1), FedEx(2), Joker(3) top three. Were those fluke also? My my Roddick is the fluke master. Roddick hasn't fullfilled his promise. He was No. 1 junior in U.S. in 1999-2000 and as No. 1 junior in world in 2000…A winner of six world junior singles and seven doubles titles, won the US Open and Australian Open junior singles titles in 2000. So Even though you may see him as a fluke I patiently wait and hope he starts fulfilling the promise he has. No one with fluke tennis game can go to four grand slam finals. Agree or disagree?

For all the past greats (excluding Fedex), losing 15-20 games in a season wasn't uncommon. He did win 40 games each year since 2001 (even with injury). Why put the sword on Andy only? May be you have not followed the game long enough or don't like sports history. Andy is no fluke. Just didn't fulfill the promise he had.

++++
Dear Arnab,
You do not like America, American sports, American people, American sports icons, American ABCDEFG...XYZ. That is not my problem. Take off your glasses. May be you can see the world from a different prospective.