View Single Post
Old February 9, 2021, 06:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Noname, excellent explanation and I couldn’t have said it better. As for my crypto position, I hold 90% of my crypto in RIOT shares and 10% in qbtc. I chose RIOT as it allows me to take advantage on writing covered calls on a weekly basis and earn income even on down trending weeks. Overall, I used to allocate 10% towards crypto. But as of today I’ve now doubled my position to 20% as I am getting further conviction that this will pay off on the long term. What’s your position like?
And from continuation of previous post, while this is an excellent idea to increase allocation, I see the inherent risk in putting that much money on a mining company as part of a bitcoin play. Eventually the mining of bitcoin become obsolete as limited account can be mined. While the price appreciation of BTC can be unlimited, I don't think you can say the same .

long term: btc vs riot

Short term: btc vs riot

Over long term RIOT will lose but short term (last 1 year) RIOT was exponentially more lucrative. Point is if it's not a direct correlation, maybe getting involved in other currency they may do better but you are at their mercy - its a company controlled by structure who can issue shares to dilute share price. Defeats the whole purpose of cryptos.

Personally I would own littel bit of both.