View Single Post
Old September 9, 2012, 10:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

alright well i guess i'll start things off by saying i think pujara will be kept around for the next year or 2, if he's done well after that period i think he'll most likely be india's #3 for a long time.

i think raina has had his chance, he's been given enough matches to show himself and although he's had a couple of good innings he's proven he can't do it consistently at the test level so i think they should be giving some others ago.

rahane should probably get a chance since both sehwag and gambhir haven't done well lately, with raina's spot going to either rohit or tiwary at this point to see whether they've got what it takes.

long term i think chand and reddy will be in with good chances, opening batsmen which doesn't have as many contenders as the middle order, mukund is still on the radar though his first few test matches weren't a success he could be given another chance, we'll see how he goes on the up coming A tour (same with chand).

i've also heard good things about pandey, mandeep and yadav.

kaul can keep wicket so he'd be an option as keeper when the time comes, it's not like dhoni is stellar with the bat in tests, he's still great for a keeper but not to the standard of what india has had with the rest of the batsmen since the early 90s. of course saha is a good keeper and solid batsman so he is there also.