View Single Post
Old July 21, 2009, 06:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
Blah,
The forum leaders don’t have to comply with member’s demand or requests.It is up to them.

However, as you mentioned that you were not happy with your involvement in other forum due to some incidents, and eventually you have left that forum; one could only imagine what would have happened if everyone was dissatisfied like you and had left that forum.
I didn't say I was dissatisfied with the forum and left. I said forum moderation job was a thankless job. Even though I am not a moderator in that forum anymore, I am very much involved in that forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
In any service, it is important that you maintain a good standard (fair) of service, whether it’s democratic or autocratic is secondary. Because an organisation will not survive without its service users. If you want to make progress and expand, it is important that your service users are happy. The only way you can achieve it if you have fair and rational policy/rules in place and you apply them promptly. The “dick” head attitude will not take any individual or an organisation further to its potential.

I hope your assumption is wrong in BC’s case.
To the best of my knowledge BC is not a business, an organization or a service provider. The forum started and exist because of the passion of few individuals. They do need to be rational when moderating the forum but they don't have to be "fair".

Fairness is arbitrary.