View Single Post
Old April 25, 2019, 08:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
I'm pretty sure he means that if one partner is struggling they make take a little longer to get set. So the other partner needs to take responsibility to push the score a little bit, especially if the other partner is in good form.

That's pretty reasonable and fairly standard.
I read that same.

Fazal, he is just asking those to make some good scores in a consistent basis in the WC so that everyone recognizes them as not only talented but with substances. Not like 20-30 looking good and then out. He is not asking to make risky shots or to take more risks. May be take more strike when he is struggling at best. He would do the same if the role is reversed.

At any rate the flat pitches in England will assist the batsmen, so I am not worried at all. The bowling is what worries me. If we can't defend a 320, we are in trouble. If the cutters are not working, can he deliver a Yorker? Does he remember how to bowl a Yorker? Same with all the medium pacers we have. May be Sarkar needs to learn how to bowl Yorker since the rest of them forgot.