View Single Post
Old June 8, 2014, 02:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Soccer-wise, 1990 was a memorable World Cup only because of Argentina's loss against Cameroon in the first game, and against West Germany in the final or the last game. Karmic justice at its best. Maradona and Giusti actually drugged Branco to slow him down in their game against Brazil. That scum Maradona would actually admit to doing so years later on Argentine TV! Watched all of the games on Univision in San Francisco.

Fell in love with Cameroon in particular and African Soccer in general from this tournament. Omam Biyik and Milla just blew my mind with their vision and skillset. I was heartbroken to have seen them lose to England in the quarterfinals, a game watched at an English Pub on Haight St. in the City.

The other players who impressed me: Goycochea (Argentina), Brehme-Matthaus-Klinsmann (W. Germany), Maldini-Baresi-Schillaci (Italy), Gascoigne-Lineker (England), Hagi (Romania), and Branco (Brazil).
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 8, 2014 at 03:44 AM..