Thread: Boxing
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2013, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque

Lucas Mattyhse annihilates Lamont Peterson last Saturday. This was special because at this high level, it is uncommon for one boxer to destroy another so quickly and so convincingly. Mattyhse is now expected to fight Danny Garcia for the unofficial tag of the best 140 pounder out there.
100% agree, I was expecting a 50/50 fight, damn was I wrong, that was anything but close, lucas beats LP 99/100.

at 140

Champion - Danny Garcia
1 - Lucas Mathysse
2- Amir Khan
3- Lamont Peterson
4- Mike Alvarado
5- Zab Judah

I favour Mathhysse in garcia fight I see it as a 70/30 in favour of Lucas, winner gets Floyd fight

--------------------------------------

The first time around, it was Kessler, fighting in his home country of Denmark, who won a tight unanimous decision to win one of the 168-pound world titles.
Three years later, with both holding alphabet belts this time, they met again. This time it was on Froch's British turf at the sold-out O2 Arena in London, which rocked with more than 18,000 as they battled once again.

But this time it was Froch, who despite being a year older than the 34-year-old Kessler, looked like the fresher fighter. He looked like the better fighter. He looked like the hungrier fighter. He was the more physical fighter. And he certainly was the far busier fighter.

It all added up to a unanimous decision victory for Froch, who unified two titles and avenged one of his two career defeats. It wasn't as good as their first but still an outstanding fight, froch utilized his jab and an ageing kessler could not match Froch's workrate.

Froch in a UD retains IBF & takes WBA belt - Scores were 118-110. 116-112, 115-113, I had it 116-112. Anything between a 117-111-115-113 was a good score.

at 175

Champion - Ward
1 - Froch
2 - Kessler
3 - Bute

4 - Stieglitz
5 - Bika