View Single Post
Old July 21, 2012, 10:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Thumbs up *****Amla and Kohli Watch*****

Hashim Amla and Virat Kohli are two of my favorites to watch in the middle. I honestly don't care about what they do off the pitch. With consistently classy performances comparable to the all-time greats, neither looks rattled or likely to fail before scoring a magnificent 100 and beyond. Guys like these make me fall in love with cricket over and over again.

Hashim's on 183* at the Oval, his 14th test 100 in 103 test innings, as I post this, while Virat hit his 12th ODI 100 in 83 innings. Hashim (29) averages 47 and 56 in tests and ODIs respectively, and Virat (24) 33 and 51. Both are also excellent T20I batsmen set to captain their countries in the future in all 3 formats of the sport.

I hope this thread is around when they retire with staggering achievements and numbers.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)