View Single Post
Old January 19, 2013, 01:20 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Well, TV royalty as well as sponsor money goes to host board's pocket, which is the most/main earning for a cricket board. Visiting cricket board only get match fee and meal fee as far as I know. So there is a HUGE difference between hosting a series and going abroad for a tour. That is why PCB is desperate to bring back international games in HOME, instead of UAE, ovbiously UAE and other venue cost them lot more than home.
There are costs of putting up the team there but the tickets do sell out even in dubai just as they would in Pakistan, and not to mention its the broadcasters that make them monies. I think they are in a pretty sound shape for a board that hasn't hosted a single cricket match since a long time now, but cricket has to come back to Pakistan. To be honest I see another maybe 5 years or so before cricket will return to Pakistan, we as a country are going through some major reforms and upcoming elections, US withdrawal from AFG these things will bring back stability and hopefully cricket inshallah.

But no going back to the original point about financial situation of PCB and BCB, unless we have a good valuation of the BPL its hard to tell and since PSL hasn't taken place yet cant really say much about that either. They say they want to shoot for $100 million, we'll see in a month or so.