View Single Post
Old July 16, 2012, 03:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Good details there, Ammar.

Completely agree with the "upor theke order na ashle korte parbo na" pointer. I was once called a chicken by my boss for being too nervous in taking ownership of what I was actually responsible for! Wish our work culture worked that way too!

Really, what's the solution to this problem? As Ammar is saying, because when they were juniors they had to go through the same thing. And now they're staying back late, while their subordinates are waiting for orders, killing time, productivity, and everything. This is a vicious cycle!

One question, and I've always wondered the state that BD companies are at in managing their work. Do they utilize IT systems for managing their work and client relationships? How do they check-in their work without feeling nervous of losing to a competing colleague who might steal their idea? Could the check-in processes not be used to provide credits to the individuals actually doing their work? How do they measure people's work on a constant basis? What sort of reporting goes into it? What are their key performance indicators? How do they get measured?