View Single Post
Old October 7, 2013, 11:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Both NZ and BD are improving no doubt.

West Indies are taking a huge dip after losing their home series by 3-1 to a weak Pak side and dont forget losing to us 3-2 margin, and our best player who is an absolute beast on Bangladeshi pitches was not even there
I have to respond to this!!..last year we murdered NZ 4-1 at home and also gave Australia (who were ranked number one at the time) a torrid time and was very unlucky to draw the series 2-2 (we should have won the drawn game).

This year we've had to play the best of the best. We went to Australia unprepard and lost 5-0!!..then we played the champions trophy and beat Pakistan, lost to India and was very unlucky to lose to SA via DL when Pollard got out just before the rain came.

So to this point we've been played consistently against TOP teams!!..our players come home and are thrown straight into a tri-series vs India and Sri-lanka!!..we beat both of them in the first two games but lost the other two!!..it was clear our boys were burnt out but the games just didn't stop as we had Pakistan a week later who were meant to be playing a test series against us but chickened out (they've never won a test series in the caribbean) and went for the one dayers!!..our boys tried hard but they just ran out of steam!!..and tbh luck just wasn't on our side in a few of the crucial games!!..especially the fourth one where rain came when we had Pakistan in trouble.

So this year we've played..

Australia= five times
Pakistan= six times
India= three times
Sri-lanka= twice
South Africa= once
Zimbabwe= three times

We won mathes against India, Pakistan and Sri-lanka in those games!!..so i wouldn't say we're "going backwards"..our one day team is a work in progress and more stars are emerging so to be honest i'm hopeful we'll start getting it right soon, and not many teams can say they've beaten all three of the asian giants in one year.