View Single Post
Old February 11, 2003, 08:17 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Defeat could be a blessing in disguise

I know everyone might think this is garbage but this defeat could be a blessing in disguise. This defeat might be a kick up the backside for the players as they themselves would be embarassed with a performance like that again. I think there will be a even bigger effort to show the world the Bangladesh is better than that and it deserves it Test Status. I believe the next game against Sri Lanka might shows us if this Bangladesh team has the character to bounce back and give a better performance.

Some observations about today's game: I think the Captain is making the wrong choices about which bowlers to use and when, Mashud seems to use the spinners too much for my liking. The pitch at Durban was a pacer's wicket and we only managed about 20 overs of pace bowling, 30 overs were spin. Monju, Masri, Tapash and Ehsanul should've bowled 40 overs between them. Masri should've come back into the attack a lot sooner to polish of the tail.

Changes I like to see for the next game :- Bashar, Rafique, and Tapash dropped and bring in Ashraful, Tushar and Mamoud. Here' my 11 and in that order with an extra batsmen.

Sarker
Rokon
Ehsanul
Alok
Sanwar
Tushar
Ashraful
Mamoud
Mashud
Masri
Monju