View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 02:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Looking at most of the line-ups I see that people are choosing Mushy to bat higher up than Nasir and Riyad. This is understandable as this is what Bangladesh have done recently but I would start using a more conventional line-up consisting of 6 batsmen, a WK and then 4 bowlers. I don't think there is anything to gain by having Mushy bat higher as he isn't a significantly better batsmen than either Nasir or Riyad.
Because he has to keep wicket (as well as being the captain) there is extra strain/pressure on Mushy which can have an negative impact on his batting if he does not have sufficient rest after keeping wicket. It seems to me he doesn't convert his starts often enough, this could be due to a lapse of concentration impacted from having to keep wicket for long periods. I think he is more than capable of batting with the tail, and would benefit from having the extra rest by batting a slot or two lower.
I would go with Riyad at 5, as this is his preferred slot in domestic cricket, and then Nasir at 6, who could bat aggressively as the ball should be old by now.