View Single Post
Old October 27, 2022, 03:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Did I wake up to see the score and become upset? Yes. A gossamer veil of sadness enveloped me. I really don't mean to virtue signall, but then I realized there is a flood going on in Bangladesh, people are dying and starving in cold, there are cancer patients, deaths in the family... and that put the loss in perspective. (Sorry didn't mean it to be heavy). Cricket is a very, very small part of our lives. Sure there is win and loss. And I am sure Bangladesh will bounce back one day and be a world dominant force. We just have to be patient and wait.

I mean... what can you do? It's not as if the players are not giving 400%. I can try as HARD as I want if my experience is 1600 rating and I play 2400 in chess let alone Carlsen... obviously I am gonna get my arse handed to me.

Look how calm and quiet Quinton De Kock and Rossouw was. All of their shots were effortless and not forced with muscle. Brute force is one thing; connection is another. That's experience for you. Composure is everything just like Tom Latham showed us in Test. So what we lost! Boo hoo big deal. If anything that will make chasing the dream even better.

We simply got outclassed and beaten by a superior force. As simple as that.

I for one will NEVER throw any of our players under the bus. Maybe that should be our very starting lesson in cricket.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles