View Single Post
Old February 23, 2011, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

kabir bhai, we only remember poor umpiring decisions against out own teams. I can recite an even worse list that you have. sachin was after all given LBW in australia after being hit on the helmet !!

it's not about whether Indian players can use UDRS well although circinfo has tried its best to portray that as the issue with wanton speculation and subtle hints (I've not seen one article on UDRS from cricinfo that doesn't add "India failed to get one referral in its favour the one time it used UDRS leading experts (who ?) to wonder if that is the reason behind their reluctance to use UDRS").
on wiki statements like these are called out for 'weasel words'. it speculates something without proof.

and if it is ever proved that this is the real reason I will be the first person to call dhoni and co stupid. it's about whether or not ICC should dig into its coffers for the betterment of the game.
taking the example you mention, 80-90% of edge/inside edge LBW referrals remain unchanged because "it is not conclusive enough" in the absence of snicko or hotspot. do you see my point ?
don't take me on my word, scan the last ten series with UDRS sans snicko/hotspot, you will have your answer.