View Single Post
Old August 8, 2007, 07:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Fact: Bangladesh and other South Asians countries are aeons away from qualifying for the World Cup, lightyears away from competeing with Asian powers from West and East Asia, and decades away from beating Central and Southeast Asian countries.

We should divert those funds to cricket instead.
I would like to DISAGREE on that motion Sohel bhai.

yes, we are decades behind those more established Asian powers, but funds should not be directed to cricket instead.

I believe we still have a massive following of football in the country and only because of the cricket's recent emerge in the international arena, it has surpassed football as the no 1 game.

It wasnt a long ago before we could have beaten teams like Tajikistan or gave Singapore or any other East Asian teams a run for their money.

But as always the case, politics and red tapes have seen the downfall of our fate.

I believe with proper funding and geniune restructing of the game, we could, in 10 years, be a force to reckon with in Asian football.

... and thus, football and cricket, side by side, be the most popular game in the country, which would be good for both the sports, the country and us the fanatics as a whole.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]