View Single Post
Old August 5, 2012, 11:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

16 on the bench with 4-6 in reserves is good because we want everyone on the bench to play, and the reserves to step in if someone picks up an injury.

I'll probably draft more than the roster size so that I can attempt to trade multiple players for the player I couldn't draft but need. If I cannot trade them, I'll have to cut them but will still have to pay the minimum salary established by the league regardless of whether they're cut.

So how would you establish the minimum? I suggest a flat minimum sum of $125,000 for all drafted players. $150,000 for reserves. $175,000 for bench players and $200,000 for starters. Star players will negotiate individual match fees with their respective GMs.

Payroll budget should be declared by each team before the draft, and after the draft and the end of trades, the salary of each player made public. The details would include base salary as a cut/reserve/bench/starting player plus match fees and bonuses.

Larry Page alone is worth $17 billion and counting and has allocated at least $100 million per year for at least 5 years for player payroll inclusive of match bonuses, but not including championship bonuses.

The SF Sharks will offer:

1) Base salary for cut, reserved, benched and starting players.

2) Negotiated match fee for benched and starting players.

3) Bonuses for match 50s, 100s, 4WHs and 5WHs.

4) MoM bonus.

5) Division Championship bonus.

6) Conference Championship bonus.

7) World Series Championship Bonus.

The amounts would be published as soon as MLC informs us of the base salary for differently slotted players.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)