View Single Post
Old July 27, 2007, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Thanks for pointing that out. And I cannot with my own ethical value (whatever it may be) can close my eyes and say its ok to do so... because its not. To me just to say people are guilty in public's eye and therefore 'torture' is ok to them is not going to fly in my logic my friend... sorry... I wish I could agree....because I have no porblem punishing a convicted corrupt..... but I cannot agree these short-cut methods .... specially witnessing these short-cut methods in USA after 9/11....sorry.

As you asked me to suggest some sort of mechanism by by which justice can be delivered without raising any question regarding transparency, human rights, let me point it out first that I am no expert in that aspect.

However I would assume if they had the paper trail of money transfered, that should be the way to go. Nailing down a currupt is not a easy way my friend, it needs dedication, patience, time and hard work to track them down with concrete evidence, there is no short cut, even if that means suspect may go away with the crime at short term. Looks like to me the current government along with their suppeortes are following towards that pitfall...which cannot bring good things in long run in my opinion. There is always a tendency in our society to go for short-cut... and that is killing us... it did in the past... looks like it may continue to do so.

If you don't have respect for law and order and justice... how you enforce law and order... breaking law and order so that you can punish corrupt... doesn't make sense to me.
Punishing corrupts (not only corrupt but also millions of misdoing) is the best way to respect of law and CTG is respecting that.

However, I have few things to know:
How do you know that they are not respecting law? How do you be so sure that the way they are obtaining information from them is not according to law? Why don't you think the punishment these bunch of thugs are getting are unlawfully?