View Single Post
Old August 20, 2009, 06:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default Verses of the Day: Ramjan/Month of Fasting

002:183 - O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may self-restraint-

002:184 - For a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number from days later. For those who can do it, is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,- it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew.

02:185 - The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind, and clear proofs of the guidance, and the Criterion (of right and wrong). And whosoever of you is present, let him fast the month, and whosoever of you is sick or on a journey, Then a number of other days. Allah desires for you ease; He desires not hardship for you; and that ye should complete the period, and that ye should magnify Allah for having guided you, and that peradventure ye may be thankful.

002:186 - When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close: I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.

002:187 - Permitted to you, on the night of the fasts, is the approach to your wives. They are your garments and ye are their garments. Allah knows what ye used to do secretly among yourselves; but He turned to you and forgave you; so now associate with them, and seek what Allah Hath ordained for you, and eat and drink, until the white thread of dawn appear to you distinct from its black thread; then complete your fast Till the night appears; but do not associate with your wives while ye are in retreat in the mosques. Those are Limits of Allah: Approach not nigh thereto. Thus doth Allah make clear His Signs to men: that they may learn self-restraint.