View Single Post
Old August 13, 2009, 01:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Rifat please try to get the context right. There are some verses which aren't right to be Quoted without the context. If you move a bit back & forth, you will find the context. Quoting something out of context could be very misleading. of course some verses are complete in itself.

30:58 - And certainly We have set forth for men every kind of example in this Quran; and if you should bring them a communication, those who disbelieve would certainly say: You are naught but false claimants.

30:59 - Thus does Allah set a seal on the hearts of those who do not know.

30:60 - So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have no certainty of faith.

I completely agree with Nasif on the within bracket words, and I do always try to avoid those words. Please try to take out the words within bracket; in 99% cases it will make a better sense. Those are some times so misleading/misguiding one to some preconceived/very shallow meaning.

Thanks Nasif, in fact Yousuf Ali is a very widely accepted translator in the Asian Region, so I tried to use his translation in this forum. but I personally like the modern language versions. unfortunately currently I don't have a soft copy of it with me. Is it possible to please send me a soft copy/link of a modern language version? if you have of course.

May Allah bless us all.

Last edited by BANFAN; August 13, 2009 at 02:32 AM..