View Single Post
Old August 12, 2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
this verse to me is inspirational:

فَٱصۡبِرۡ إِنَّ وَعۡدَ ٱللَّهِ حَقٌّ۬‌ۖ وَلَا يَسۡتَخِفَّنَّكَ ٱلَّذِينَ لَا يُوقِنُونَ

So have patience (O Muhammad)! Allah's promise is the very truth, and let not those who have no certainty make thee impatient.

Surah Ar-Rum Ayah 60(30:60)

courtesy: Quranexplorer.com
Lets try to stay away from translations that tries to put words into God's mouth. This verse is addressing to all believers; you/me/everyone who believes. It is not necessarily only referring to Muhammad. It is one thing to add words; such as "it/this/there/that" etc for comprehensive translation; but it is completely another matter when a full name is added without any reference from the original. There are verses which refer to Muhammad, but this is not one of them.

Quran is a living messenger; and its message is for its readers. It is a communication between you and your Creator; so keep that context while reading.

I will inshallah elaborate on this verse in my next post.

One another note; if you are posting translations, please use translations that use modern English (referring to Banfan's post). It is matter of convenience and comprehension. Using old English, (i.e. Yusuf Ali's translation) does nothing but reduces reader's interest and comprehension.

Also, along with Arabic, try to give the chapter names in English; e.g. Al-Anam - The Livestock/Cattle; Ar-Rum - The Romans etc.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.