View Single Post
Old July 15, 2006, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Same here. Kalo manik Pele. My first world cup was 82 world cup. I just moved from England to BD with my parents at that time. I have seen most of the worldcup games since then till 98. I missed last two world cups because of my job.So my comparison was based on my personal experience. But as I said earlier,Pele is not a complete footballer. Perhaps, as a striker he is the alltime best.He was also exceptional at dribbling and passing. But don't compare him with Maradona please.
pele recently said that ronaldinho is better than maradona. i dont whether there is a grudge between pele and maradona as why he said that. i havent seen pele in his prime so cant say much. but have seen maradona quite a lot in world cupts, italian league with napoli and also ronaldinho. both maradona and ronaldinho are good in dribbling, free kicks and corners. but in passing i think maradona was better. there are also things which maradona could do, i have never seen anyone else doing that. forexample: he could keep the ball bouncing on his shoulder and run at full speed. at the start of an exibition match, maradona just took the ball from the center on his feet and shot it from there. the ball goes in brushing the cross bar........ 60 yards. can you imagine this guy measurement /skill?