View Single Post
Old July 12, 2006, 09:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Ejaj bhai,
Don't dig up a hole where you can't come out of from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejaj
Oh comon guys, U cant possibly compare Zizu with Tigana or Bates. They were no where near to what this man is. He ranks up in the line of Pele and Maradonna...
What are you ranking here? How can I know the hidden meanings of these words. How would I know you are comparing professional life of Zidane with the porfessional life of Pele and Maradona? Anyone would think you are comparing Zidane with Pele and Maradona on what they did in the football field. not outside.

In reference to that, I posted the yellow card red card comparison of Zidane and Maradona, trying to prove Zidane is ahead of the two greats that you have mentioned only in the wrong category. So, he is not in the league of Pele or Maradona anyway you see it.

Then you stated, "Whatever, lets not compare this two greats. Both have their immense contrubution to their footballing nation and regarded as national icon. So, who are we to judge???" Nice gusture indeed. But I wanted you to know I did not start it.

So I said, "Did you not start the comparison with Pele and Maradona? "
Meaning you started to compare Zidane with Pele and Maradona first. My previous post of that was comparing Zidane and Maradona's yellow card and red card. So I thought you would get my point.

Now you stated, "I never compared Pele with maradona. Period." Which I never accused you of. "Pele and Maradona" to "Pele with Maradona" changes the meaning completely.

In my eyes, I see Hagi, Brolin as one the great players who played the game. They may not have acheived what Beckenbauer, Platini achieved but nevertheless they were great. Certainly they are not in the class of Pele or Maradona. They are in the third tier of greatest players in my book. Zidane could have been in the second tier but with headbutting, kicking I put him with the third group.

I admit it. You are a better person than I am. That is the sole reason you don't lower Maradona every time. People here thinks Zidane is a "tulshi dhuwa semi-saint". Well in the WC he showed us what kind of person he is. Yet people are trying to find out ah!! what may have provoked him, lol. He cannot possibly do it just like that. Well, there may be true to it, but he is what he is. noone can change that. He is 34+ and yet he can't control his temper and kicks, headbutts in the middle of the game and destroys the beauty of the game.