View Single Post
Old March 29, 2008, 04:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Spitty, I had no intention to make Bashar look better. I have already branded Bashar as a mediocre ODI player in the opening post.
If I do some S Rajesh like you (say last 20 ODI innings etc.), I am sure Bashar won't fare as bad as your stats say.

I haven't taken any filter in my original stats.
actually, in retrospect, i feel that S Rajesh was doing a decent job. i fully and unconditionally apologize to him because i realized i do the same thing. i take back every mean and nasty thing i posted about him here. i hope he and his followers can forgive me.

Miraz, look at the strike rate that bashar maintains. btw, those matches are the last 20 matches that bashar played. he has an average which is significantly lower than ash's...but his SR is the most appalling thing. if JO is reviled for his 52 % scoring rate, bashar should be for his marginally better rate.

furthermore, we all know that ash is capable of averaging any number under the sun. the same cannot be said of bashar or even most other international batsmen.

just because one is "pulling an S Rajesh" should not be grounds for discounting those statistical findings.

ash's early career had a 15 average...thus bashar has never been close to the near 30 average ash has been pulling for some time now. with a far higher strike rate - which is of paramount importance in ODIs.

#OneTeam1Dream