View Single Post
Old February 3, 2003, 04:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default ONE WIN FOR BANGLADESH

Earlier in this SUBJECT I mentioned I was positive about ONE win by Bangladesh against Australia.

I was expecting some hard comments, but I was surprised to see no comments at all!

You guys are too nice. Probably you decided not to comment that can hurt my feelings.

Can Bangladesh really win one out of 3 ODIs against Australia ?

This is why I have said YES with such confidence.

1) Bangladesh will play some practice matches, especially targetting at least ONE WIN. On the other hand the Austrlian team will not. They will remain relaxed.

2) The Darwin and Cairns stadiums are also new to Australian team as they don't play in those fields. In Australia, the big matches are held in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart.
The Cairns and Darwin fields will be NEW to both teams.

3) The 2 tests will be held first. Chances are 98% Australia will win. I will be jumping up and down in the stadium for 20 minutes if Bangladesh can manage one DRAW. (And that's how you people from around the world can recognise me!!!)

4) After the 2 tests will be the ODIs. Bangladesh will have had enough bitter experience during the 2 tests already. They will be really determined to establish one win. Chances are they will be beaten really badly in the 1st ODI (big margin)

5) Second ODI will be better for Bangladesh. This way they will be motivated and will really get ready for a CRICKET MUKTIJUDDHO for the 3rd ODI. Plus, in the 2 fields, 80 - 90% supporters will be Bangladeshis and sub-continentals, therefore, Bangladesh will enjoy full support. This time they will really want to give supporters a little bit of value for their money, time and patience. Plus the players will have received a lot of old fashioned JHARIs from some Aussie-Bangla mastans. And then ?????? ........

Probably a nice story to be sold in the DOLLYWOOD market ?

COPYRIGHT : DOORBIN