View Single Post
Old June 3, 2018, 04:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Abu Haider&Jayed and the state of our pace attack

I have never watched Abu Jayed or Abu Haider bowl. How good are they? Are they similar type of bowlers? How fast are they? Do they swing it? Do they have potential to be better than Taskin or Al Amin who were both let downs. Do you think both Abu Haider ND Jayed deserve more chances? Coz I can only see Mustafiz declining from here on out as he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes no swing, no Yorkers, receding pace, over reliance on his predictable cutters, bowling short, getting injured and not using his head which used to be his strongest trait. Even after years Mash is still the best pacer we have produced and I wish Mash wasn't plagued by injuries during his prime then he had the potential to be an ATG who might've inspired a generation of fast bowlers like Rafique did and Shakib is doing with his left arm all-round ability. I am sad because I still remember how happy I was during the world cup in Australia because of how good our pace attack looked with Taskin, Rubel bowling at pace accurately while Mash was there to back them up with his wily swing and accuracy, and when Fizz joined them and we started having a 4 man pace attack I thought it was a Dawn of a new era and thought we'd become the best pace attack in Asia after Pakistan or on par. Who knew that it was nothing but a false dawn? Add to that we haven't got any leg spinners yet coz we managed zubayer horribly and our lone quality off spinner lacks support from the fielders, the wicket keeper who can't grab the edges and a think tank who can't think ahead and destroyed prospects like Zubayer and Miraz. We always go for the boring old safe formula of left arm mini all-rounders