View Single Post
Old July 21, 2011, 06:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Selectors thread: Akram Khan, Nannu and Habibul Bashar

(Next two years) Their performance, their speeches, articles etc. on them should go here.
+++

Congratulations to the new selectors. Pray and hope you would bring accountability to this coveted position. I would like extend thanks to BCB to bring in selectors who have huge reputation and experience.

+++
Akram Khan: A very likable guy. I am a fan of his work. I agree with him on the technical committee's faltu-ness.

Abedin Nannu: Has vast knowledge on cricket. As long as he is doing his job and not running his mouth he should be great.

Habibul Bashar: Deshi Manush (nana'r side) tai critic ta ektu beshi and personal. TV'tey recent clip dekhe ektu dukkho pelam. Within a year he has gained some lbs. Should take care of his body better.

+++
Ist Assignment: Selecting for Zim series. I like it with the exception of one. That is my personal opinion. Some new blood was necessary. Let us see how things pan out. Hoping Nasir and Hom gets a chance in the middle.