View Single Post
Old March 25, 2015, 08:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
as far as I am concerned, we lost more matches due to batting than bowling when he wasnt the coach. We failed to defend low scores against Sri Lanka, failed to chase a moderate total against Afghanistan, failed to score runs against Hong Kong, failed to score any sort of commanding total for the entire T20 WC. Failed to chase decent totals against India A when he joined. So for the most part, the batting failures were the leading reasons for the losses.
Hmm, that's true. But on either side of slumps, our batsmen had decent outings too. Eitherway, he didn't uncover any new batsman, didn't change any techniques of anyone. In general, he had very little impact on the batting. For example, our best batsmen in the WC were Mahmudullah and Mushy, who had been in an upward curve since last couple of years.

Let's agree to disagree. I'll hold of judgement of Hathurasinghe untill after the end of 2015. That's a long enough time for him to have some noticeable impact. But right now I'm struggling to muster any respect for him after his unprofessional comments. Nevertheless all the best to him.