View Single Post
Old July 15, 2012, 10:48 PM
BC Editorial Team

When you can bowl all the deliveries, sometimes you try to bowl all the deliveries. In one over. That's what happened at Enam. Watching him bowl in the later years, as a fellow SLA, I got the sense that he wasn't operating on a rhythm. Every ball he was aiming for the magic delivery. Hitting the right areas and building up pressure is not just the catch phrase of ball-rollers like Rafique. Even Swann and Warne got their wickets by setting batsman up. Each ball in the same spot. One slower, one quicker per over perhaps. With the propensity to bowl differently each ball, he lost his action a little bit, and the loss of action, he lost his "rip". If I were Enam, here's what I'd do
I'd go to the nets and bowl 2 hours of solid, orthodox SLA, aiming for off and middle and hitting the top of the bails.
Every ball.
No variation in pace, or angles or lengths. Video that sucker.

If he is able to do that for couple of hours then I would get in the routine where he practices 45 minutes of that, 30 min of variation and then again 15 minutes of the stock delivery.
Do that for a week. Get Nasu or the analyst to come back and see if there is any change to his action for stock delivery. That baseline has to be rooted.

If all good then bring in batsmen to bowl after 1 more week.

In 2-3 weeks he'd have his mojo back.