View Single Post
Old November 20, 2007, 01:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Thanks Miraz bhai, this in an excellent interview. You Rock!

I really liked some questions from you and Answers from Durjoy.

Quote:
Zunaed and Imrul have just started playing cricket, they should go through the Academy and A team before getting the national cap for Tests and ODI. Zunaed is a good find for us in the Twenty20 cricket. Both will get their opportunities in due time.
This the perfect process to groom young talented players. The previous selection panel just couldn't get it and they threw the young players from u-19 team to the fire. No one succeeded except Sakib. IF these young players goes through A team or Academy, they will be more experienced and will give us longer service in the international cricket.

Players like Tamim, Mushfique, Mehrab Jr, and some others should've not been selected to the national team before being in the A/Academy team. They just skipped to the top level. If you skip from class 1 to class 10, there is every chance that you will fail in everything. Our U-19 team is like class one for me.

Quote:
Nobody is discarded permanently, there is always a chance to comeback. This applies not only for Tushar or Alok but also for all other players who were discarded at different times for different reasons.
This is another thing I was waiting for. I hope they do so. Faruk & co. just didn't want any aged players in the team. They wanted to have teenaged players who can entertain for a little time. Chittagang opener Ehsanul Hoque was performing his best for last 2/3 years but never got the nod from the selectors again despite having problem with the opening slots. I think players like him should get another chance to prove them. They are more matured and experienced now.