View Single Post
Old August 13, 2014, 12:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
At least we got Melo this time. I have faith in Phil. He's surrounding himself with the right people, people who actually believe in his philosophy. The trade he pulled on draft day to get Calderon and Dalembert, 2 second round picks out of nowhere is creditworthy. In the process he got rid of Tyson who stopped performing a season ago and yet became a disruptive force in the locker room, and Raymond Felton who is a gone case.

He's still got a lot of work to do but these are steps in the right direction. Once he gets rid of Amare, Bargnani and couple other contracts, Knicks can hopefully get another big superstar next summer or the one after. In the meanwhile Amare and Bargnani will be much better this year if they can stay healthy. Even though Fisher will be the coach, Phil will be there to guide him. And we all know when it comes to coaching it doesn't get any better than Phil.
My friends and I were so relieved once Melo made the decision to stay in NY. I thought it was the right one for him. The Lakers are in an even worse shape and Chicago is overrated IMO with a very iffy Rose leading the team and we saw how badly they got exposed last year against the Wizards.

Like you, I have confidence that Phil will turn it around for NY. I've really liked the moves he's made and this team will slowly get stronger. They might not be a title contender next year but possibly the year after that if they can land some big free agents.