View Single Post
Old July 17, 2007, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
I guess your post sums up the midset of a lot of the people in this board.
A few pain for the greater gain. However, there is this other possibility. A few pain just in vain taking the country down the drain (haha ). But seriously, what guarantee is there that the new leadership will be better than what existed. And on a more serious note, shouldnt it be the people who decides rather than a few army officers a few intellectual and a few expats.
Its very easy to pick out one issue and fix it, but in the grand scheme of things everything becomes fuzzy. I have a feeling the CTG has lost its plot. it has to realise it is here for two years and should fix its priorities accordingly. They have to realise that they have no accountability and they cannot falter.
Special apa, if you don't have a clear solution then what's the point in arguing? Don't we have enough problem? We need solutions and lot of us are trying to suggest solutions to problems but you seem to look at the the problems without suggesting the alternatives.

I have some questions for you and I hope you can answer those:

1) Ok whatever the CTG did, do you suggest Hasina should remain at large and be freed (along with Khaleda Zia may I add) and be allowed to remain in the country?

If barring them is so unconstitutional and undemocratic then I guess we should just forget what they did in the past and turn a blind eye to what they will do in the future. And since you are so critical of Hasina's arrest so the only possible alternative is that you don't support their arrest.

2) If Army does not intervene who do you think will intervene?

Please don't say the public. The public is like a little kid and when it comes to election is like offering them what kind of cereal they want when they all are from the same corrupt brand.

3) If the army is so evil then why don't we just disband them and get rid of them?

Obviously the job of the military is to help in the defence of our country. But given how we are surrounded by regional superpowers and nuclear powers then I guess they can't defend our country for anything more than 5 minutes in case the war does break out near future. So what's their use anyway other than cause occasional coup and give you insecurity?

For once I hope you will post solutions not the problem with what each of them are.